The Be-cool project aims to develop a new alternative refrigeration technology based on cryogenic fluids, by designing, manufacturing and validating a versatile refrigeration system capable of reducing or completely eliminating the use of refrigerants and traditional cutting fluids in machining processes. In addition, you will reduce costs and environmental impact, maintaining the productivity of the machining process.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Develop a new cooling/lubrication method based on recycled cryogenic CO2 fluid.
- Test the system developed in alloys difficult to machine, establishing cutting parameters and comparing them with the processes currently used.
- Design an innovative system that could be transferred to other applications.
In other words, the new product is presented in two versions:
- An integrated MQL + CO2 system.
- An autonomous solution adaptable to current equipment.