Laboratory Technician at the Research group Biomimetic Systems for Cell Engineering
The Biomimetic Systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Technical Support to Research to work on the optimization and customization of a 3D printing device to obtain 3D cell culture substrates.
The contract will be within the framework of the GUT3D-PLATE project; a Proof of Concept project granted by the European Research Council (ERC), whose objective is the fabrication of ready-to-commercialize 3D cell culture scaffolds mimicking the intestinal physiology.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and generate models for printing
- Design customized parts and assemblies
- Operate DLP and FDM printers
- Collaborate on the optimization of the bioinks and bioprinting process
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and/or Master on industrial design, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, medical engineering, or Certificate of Higher Education (HNC) on mechanical fabrication, industrial design, advanced mechanical fabrication programming
- Proficiency in CAD design (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, FreeCAD,…)
- Programming and analytical skills are a plus
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Previous experience in a research laboratory, knowledge of standard laboratory procedures
- Previous experience with 3D printing/bioprinting technologies desirable
- Experience with biomaterials, material science desirable
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st December 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full/Part time 6-months / 1-year contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others)
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 31/10/2020